Instructions for Oral & Poster Presentations Onsite
1. Oral presentations have been allocated 15 minutes of effective presentation time, including Q/A time between Session Chair and speakers.
2. Authors must prepare their oral presentations to be sure to convey their message in clear and sharp manner, including giving outline of the key principles, facts and results. More detailed discussions can continue during the breaks.
3. In order to ensure a smooth performance during your session, we kindly ask you to consider the following instructions:
4. Be at the session room 15 minutes before session starts and introduce yourself to the session chairs.
5. A video projector and a PC will be available in all conference rooms. Speakers suggested not use their own laptop computer, avoiding useless time breaks in between papers.
6. Bring your presentation on a USB memory stick in MS-PowerPoint or Adobe PDF formats, and upload it in the Session Room computer no later than 10 minutes prior to your session start! You can also bring it earlier, during the coffee/lunch breaks before your presentation. Please upload your presentation in a right place in order to find it easily at the time of presentation.
7. Please wear formal clothes or national characteristics of clothing for participation.
8. In order to avoid any compatibility problems, read carefully the instructions below.
Power Point Instructions
1. For MS-PowerPoint presentations, please use the following versions only: PP 97-2003 (*.ppt) or 2007, 2010 to guarantee that it will be opened successfully on the on-site PC
2. We recommend to the PPT/PPTX format instead of PPS
3. All videos or animations in the presentation must run automatically!
1. We cannot provide support for embedded videos in your presentation; please test your presentation with the on-site PC several hours before your presentation.
2. In case your video is not inserted in MS-PowerPoint, it is possible to have it in other formats, MPEG 2,4, AVI (codecs: DivX, XviD, h264) or WMV. Suggested bitrate for all mpeg4 based codecs is about 1 Mbps with SD PAL resolution (1024x576pix with square pixels, AR: 16/9).
1. Only fonts that are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows will be available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause wrong layout/style of your presentation.
2. Suggested fonts: Arial, Times New Roman.
3. If you insist on using different fonts, these must be embedded into your presentation by choosing the right option when saving your presentation:
4. Click on "File", then "Save As"
5. Check the "Tools" menu and select "Embed True Type Fonts"
1. Suggested Poster with size of 60cm*80cm(width*height).
2. Posters are required to be condensed and attractive. The characters should be large enough so that they are visible from 1 meter apart.
3. During poster session, the author should stand by your poster, explaining and answering doubts or questions.
Instructions for Online Presentations
1. Timing: a maximum of 15 minutes total, including speaking time and discussion. Please make sure your presentation is well timed. Please keep in mind that the program is full and that the speaker after you would like their allocated time available to them.
2. You can use CD or USB flash drive (memory stick), make sure you scanned viruses in your own computer. Each speaker is required to meet her / his session chair in the corresponding session rooms 10 minutes before the session starts and copy the slide file (PPT or PDF) to the computer.
3. It is suggested that you email a copy of your presentation to your personal in box as a backup. If for some reason the files can’t be accessed from your flash drive, you will be able to download them to the computer from your email.
4. Please note that each session room will be equipped with a LCD projector, screen, point device, microphone, and a laptop with general presentation software such as Microsoft Power Point and Adobe Reader. Please make sure that your files are compatible and readable with our operation system by using commonly used fronts and symbols. If you plan to use your own computer, please try the connection and make sure it works before your presentation.
5. Movies: If your Power Point files contain movies please make sure that they are well formatted and connected to the main files.
Copyright © 2023 The 14th International Conference on Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering